As someone who is too proud for her own good, the list I made was surprisingly long and came surprisingly quickly. Unfortunately most of my “needs” right now are intangibles:
*The ability to function well on little sleep
*Patience, Kindness, you know…all those Spiritual fruit things
*Long vacation in Bora Bora with husband (Drool at picture above!)
* Everything in my life to stop breaking around me!
Since I can solve non of these things with a quick swipe of the debit card at Target, the place that meets most of my physical needs, I am going to have to work on changing the only thing I can…me.
*Short term- be okay with messy. Long term- Learn to clean up a little as I go. Or just seal off danger sections of the house (kitchen) with caution tape.
* Accept the newborn night parenting phase instead of resenting it and remember that sleep WILL come again one day.
* Remember to ask the Holy Spirit for helpsies.
* Hulu on the couch with husband and cookies will have to do for now.
* See this as the time in our marriage we’ll look back on fondly about when we were young and everthing was patched together with a little spit and a lot of prayer.